What is Variant Configuration?
It is a tool which helps to simplify the complex manufacturing of final product with more varieties and Variation of the input material. e.g. Automobile manufacturing, Furniture manufacturing
Variant configuration helps a
- To ensure right choice is delivered
- Easy for the sales person to select
- Communication is fast and clear
- Ensures production of right item
• Variant configuration is for manufacturing complex products. The manufacturer is always having to offer new variants of its products. Often, new variants are created by modifying existing product designs as you process the order. The important thing is to react quickly to customers’ requirements.
• The customer determines the features of the product. A customer buying a car, for example, can choose the features of the car and combine these features as required.
• The product configurator improves information exchange between sales, engineering, and production. Variant configuration helps the customer or salesperson to put together specifications for the product and ensure that the product can be produced from these specifications. It also ensures that production costs do not overstep the mark.
• No need to create a separate material for each variant of a product in your company
• User needs to create one Configurable Materials. This Configurable material will cover all the combinations.
• To define the features of the Configurable materials user needs to create Characteristics.
• To enable you to use characteristics to configure a material, you assign the material to a class of class type 300.
• To combine the possible combinations of Products Dependencies can be used in Variant Configuration.
• Each Configurable Products / Objects must have a Configuration Profile.
• To calculate the Prices for the configurable material specifications Variant Conditions can be used in Variant Configuration.
Follow my next blog for the configuration steps…..